Top Energy is committed to providing excellent service to Far North power consumers. However, on occasion the service provided may fall short of your expectations.
Our complaints handling process is designed to ensure that any complaint received can be resolved amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties. We provide a free, in-house and simple complaints handling process. Complaints may be received in writing, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone to 09-4070603 or may be delivered in person to any of our offices or depots, addressed to the PA of the Chief Executive.
Top Energy is also a member of Utilities Disputes Ltd, which is a free and independent service available to you. When a complaint is made, we will follow the Utilities Disputes guidelines in our attempt to resolve any complaint with you.
How Top Energy handles formal complaints
- We will forward your complaint to our complaints handling department.
- After receiving your complaint, we will attempt to resolve it within 20 working days and will contact you either by post, by e-mail, or by telephone during this process.
- We will notify you if we have good reason to extend this time to 40 working days.
- We will make sure that you’ve been made aware of the Utilities Disputes and its availability to you.
UTILITIES DISPUTES LIMITED:
Should your complaint not be resolved within 20 working days, and we have not written to you with a good reason to extend the time to resolve your complaint to 40 working days, you may contact the Utilities Disputes. We will also advise you if we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and the complaint has reached deadlock. Please note that you need to take your complaint to the EGCC within 2 MONTHS of the date of your complaint reaching deadlock.
You may ask the Commissioner to consider your complaint before 20 working days have elapsed if:
- We have made it clear that we do not intend to do anything about your complaint;
- You would suffer unreasonable harm from waiting any longer;
- It would otherwise be unjust for you to wait any longer for us to resolve your complaint.
If you wish to contact the Utilities Disputes, please free-phone or fax, write to the address below, or click on the internet link provided:
Utilities Disputes Limited
P O Box 5875
Ph: 0800 22 33 40
Fax: 0800 22 33 48