To receive outage notifications by email or text, subscribe through our outage centre. Once you have subscribed, you will be in the draw each week to win one of two $250 gift cards.
Your power must be a home electricity connection to the Top Energy network and you must be over 18 years old to be eligible. See the full terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- By participating in any competition or prize draw advertised by Top Energy, you confirm that you accept and agree to these competition terms.
- The promoter of the prize draw is Top Energy. The prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and/or other Social Media channels. You completely release Facebook and/or other Social Media channels from any and all liability associated with this prize draw.
- Entry is open only to residents in the Far North who are residing in these districts at the time of the prize draw.
- Only one valid entry per participant will be accepted for each weekly prize draw.
- Forms must have signed up to for an email or text notification with a valid email or mobile number.
- Entrants must follow the instructions on the prize draw Facebook post and/or other channels to enter this prize draw.
- The competition period runs weekly, from 09/11/2022 to 04/12/2022.
- At the end of the prize draw period, Top Energy will select a winner or winners (at Top Energy’s discretion) for each prize draw from entries received during the prize draw period.
- The winner(s) will be drawn as specified by the Facebook prize draw post and/or other channels.
- Top Energy will endeavour to notify each of the prize winners via the email address or mobile number they have signed up for outage notifications. However, if the winner cannot be reached within three working days of the prize being drawn, Top Energy may redraw a new prize winner without liability to any person. Top Energy reserves the right to contact the selected winners by other means.
- Top Energy is not responsible for any prize that has been lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches a winner and after it has been released from Top Energy’s custody and control.
- Accepting a prize constitutes a winner's consent to be photographed and/or interviewed by Top Energy and for Top Energy to use his or her name, city/town of residence, prize draw entry and/or photographs and interviews for publicity purposes. This includes Top Energy’s website, direct and social media channels.
- The decisions of Top Energy on all matters relating to this prize draw are final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Top Energy reserves the right to verify the validity of an entry or a winner's right to redeem the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Top Energy reserves the right to amend the prizes offered and these terms and conditions and at its absolute discretion cancel the prize draw at any time and without prior notice.
- To the extent permitted by law, Top Energy excludes any liability it may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this prize draw.
- Any personal information collected as part of this prize draw will be held by Top Energy in accordance with its obligations under the Privacy Act. You have the right to access, update and correct any of your personal information. To access or request correction of your personal information please contact Top Energy directly.
- Gift card use is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer Bonfire. You can find out more about the gift cards online at https://www.bonfire.co.nz
- The prize is not redeemable for cash.
- The prize is not transferrable.
- Participants may not enter on behalf of someone else.
- Disqualified participants
- Non residential electricity consumers *
- All employees and their immediate families**
- All people under the age of 18 years
- All people not living in the Far North
- All people who have already won a prize from this promotion
*Such as businesses, clubs, charities and services for example.
**Immediate families includes partners, children and anyone living at the same address as an employee