In 2013, Top Energy celebrated 20 years of service to the Far North.
Actually, we have been around for a lot longer than that even, having existed since the Bay of Islands Electric Power Board brought electricity to the area in the late 1930s.
While our business has evolved over the years, our mission has remained the same – to supply energy to the Far North. And with this comes great responsibility. Our obligations to our customers, our community and our employees are first and foremost and we’re proud of what we’ve achieved.
We are a united team with a vast array of skills, providing a range of services across multiple work streams:
- generating electricity through our geothermal power plant
- transmitting and distributing electricity through our network
- building and maintaining our network assets
- providing contracting services
- providing call centre solutions across a range of industries
But underlying this diversity, at our heart we are one team – one Top Energy.
If you would like to read more about our history and our values please click here to view the Top Energy Our Story pdf